tisdag 28 juli 2009

Japanese cooking

So after a couple of days off from work only watching anime and reading manga I HAD to try making Onigiri. After watching the anime movie 5cm per Second I just felt a need to try and make some. So today i went down to the store and bought the ingredients. It was nothing like i thought it would be. I filled mine with canned tuna, mayonnaise, chilli powder and some spring onion and wrapped them in nori. To that I had Miso soup. The Onigiri is really easy to make but I don't think I will ever make them again, if I ever go to Japan though I'll try and taste some traditional Japanese Onigiri. The thing I didn't like about it was the nori. Seaweed has a smell and taste I'm not used to so I might have gone a a bit overboard trying to eat a fully wrapped Onigiri (Hmm I write Onigiri too much). The Miso on teh other hand wasn't bad just a bit bland. I added some spring union to liven it upp a bit but that didn't ad much taste wise. I'll have to go to a Japanese food store and get some proper ingredients and make Miso from scratch next time =P


5 kommentarer:

  1. Well that dish looks.... interesting? >_<
    "shivers"

    SvaraRadera
  2. It's like a Japanese "power-bar" it's usually eaten for lunch (Bento - lunch-box) or as a snack during the day. =P Its basically rise and what ever filling you want, made into a ball or triangle. =D

    SvaraRadera
  3. Ahh, well that sounds kinda neat ^^

    SvaraRadera
  4. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Oops.

    Oh come on, Arzu. How about forming your own
    opinion every now and then instead of just
    sucking up as usual. Just say it. It looks and
    sounds awful!

    Tsk tsk.

    SvaraRadera